Can't help but feel excited about a fresh start, love the New Year! Spent my New Years working at the restaurant, busy, hectic, but as the countdown approached the champagne glasses were filled and the awesome New Years hats came out
Got a fantastic New Years Kiss from my friend Jill, or as we like to call her lush alter ego, Bula haha I realized that this had been one of my favourite New Years. I had spent the last few either upset over a boy or negative about not joining in on the masses at some expensive party. Since our restaurant closes at 1am, we were sure to cue the DJ with a classic, "Closing Time" by SEMISONIC. Have you ever really listened to that song? Other than the favourite hook, "One last call for alcohol, so finish your whiskey or beer,
You don't have to go home but you can't, stay, here."
I'm talking about:
"Every new beginning comes from some other beginnings end'
Time to close one chapter and prepare to write an amazing life. Reflect on the highs, the lows, the mistakes, the lessons, and plan on doing more. What greater accomplishment is there than trumping your previous year? More adventures, stories, and success. Whatever that translates to you, tailor, and get it started. Did you know that less than 10% of us actually write down our goals? It has been proven that people who write down their goals, and even share those goals with friends/family/strangers, are 76% more successful in achieving them. Like those quick numbers I threw atcha? Not bad for being right brained haha. So here I am, writing down my goals and sharing them with strangers hoping to set myself up for a better version of myself.
- Draw something everyday. Whether it be large, small, script, something you ate today, or anything that reminds you of the day. Draw it.
- Eat healthy. Healthy body=Healthy mind. I have a weakness for cookies. Peanut Butter cookies, oatmeal cookies, ginger cookies, you name it.With a glass of milk this is my heaven haha. I'm going to allow myself cheat days of corse, as long as they're earned!
- Do more shows/collectives/collaborations with art. I really do love to paint and be an artist. 2013 was filled with meeting new ambitious individuals that really motivated me and pushed me to do more art. I had a couple year hiatus from self promotion, with whatever road block I had an excuse for, break ups, make ups, moving, and not making time for it. 2013 I showed my work at 3 artist markets and was blown away by the amazing feedback. Things I like to draw, paint, create, people really showed an interest for it. I can't explain the feeling, simply amazing ! But I'm sure you artists that are reading this have experienced this same feeling one way or another. I'm already signed up for lilac festival happening in May, the other big contenders are PARK, and Market Collective. Can't wait.
- Start blog(s). I find the best way to learn something is from each other. Especially when it comes to art. I've learned from experience that school isn't for everybody. Having already earned a degree in one area, and now returning to school for a second, I have been contemplating teaching and practising myself. There are a ton of great resources out there that I'd love to get all in one place. This would be part 2 of my first goal too. Include my drawings
- The other one would be more of a fitness and lifestyle blog. Part 2 of my second goal. I spent the last two years with a guy that really took every chance he got to tear me apart. I work in industry don't have a 9-5 desk job. I go out with my friends too much. I never have time for him. Whatever. You want to be with someone, you will be regardless of any obstacles or challenges. Communication and making the time. Simple to me, complicated for him. So along the way I found out why he was always taking it out on me, usually if someone accuses you of cheating or comes down on you. Usually means they are the ones sneaking around . Well, that was definitely the case. What a loser. So instead of eating my feelings and taking it out on Ben & Jerry, why not get the greatest revenge and accomplish what others say you cannot do.
Thanks to you for taking the time to read this. Good luck to you and your own goals, and Happy 2014!